Thursday, January 5, 2012

"You think this is cold? This is nothing!"

I had been pretty hopeful, these past few months, that this winter was going to be different. That there would be none of those bone-chilling, wind-takes-your-breath-away-just-so-you-lose-more-body-heat days. The day I got back from Texas, everything was fine. There was snow on the ground, yes, and it was a bit chilly, but it was also dark and it wasn't anything I hadn't experienced before.

The next morning, I decided to go out shopping for groceries, and the moment I step out of the house I think, "Oh. Fuck. Cold."

Ever since then I haven't gone outside. I lugged a ton of groceries back and I am living off of frozen dinners, eggs, bacon, cheese, and almond milk until I have to go out again, and if things go as planned that won't be until Saturday morning. Which, according to the weather forecast, will be snowing.

Why did I ever choose to live in this city again?

In happier news I have finally rolled out of bed today (I even cooked!), and I will finally get around to making the Christmas present for Khajiit that I'd been saying I would for the past two weeks or so. If he didn't read this blog I would also probably say what it is, but since he does I'll just save it for later.

I also got my calendar fixed up, my bills paid, and my expenses recorded. So accomplished.

Now about my room.

0 rants:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger