Sunday, December 5, 2010

This Is Why No Work Ever Gets Done

When I am on the computer. Because really, the computer is my greatest source of procrastination, and that is saying a lot, since I procrastinate a lot.

But here are the computer-related reasons why I haven't been getting any substantial work done lately (these are all approximates):

  • In a mix of marketing genius and sheer cuteness, Mozilla has most likely killed hundreds of thousands of "productivity minutes" by adopting two firefox cubs and, sadly, naming them "cub #1" and "cub #2." I mean, seriously? I know they're temporary names, but still. The overhead cam is by far the best, because you get to see them in their entirety no matter where they happen to drop and nap. [Productivity minutes wasted: 20]
  • Every time I see an article (or anything, really) on math that I know a little bit about I get really excited. So guess how I spent a lot of my time? P.S.: That last one I have not read through completely, but it sounds really cool and it also mentions times when other regression models (such as chi-squared) should be used instead, which is really helpful. [Productivity minutes wasted: 250; including the other math and science articles that I have not linked to because there are too many of them]
  • After much consideration, I have decided that my next blog will be on food. Or at least taking pictures of food. Because food is so, so good and I don't know how I can ever live without it. Also, Yuma, if you're reading this, can we make the second-to-last recipe? [Productivity minutes wasted: 400]
  • There is so much I do not know about Toronto, despite having lived there for three years. Did you know I had never heard of Transit City? But I have to say, if costs were not in consideration (I can't comment on that because I haven't researched into how much either project will cost), I like the idea of Transit City better than Ford's idea of expanded subway lines, if only because I think more light will be good for otherwise already probably pretty frustrated commuters. [Productivity minutes wasted: 120]
  • I am a sucker for pretty graphs and other pictures. Always. 100% of the time. [Productivity minutes wasted: 45]
  • This blog. [Productivity minutes wasted: 180]
Total time wasted spent: 1015 minutes, or nearly 17 hours.

    3 rants:

    Timothy Yang said...

    - Talk with Ginny. [Time cherished: several dozen eternities/week]

    Those cookies sound good. They feel like the intersection MR=MC (even though you're probably thinking "Let's just ignore Econ). Sweet and delicious enough to satisfy that desire for sugar and food, yet simple enough to make quickly with time to spare.

    Tea said...

    I love sociological images

    Ginny said...

    Several dozen eternities is not a lot of time at all. Oh. Wait. SEVERAL dozen. Right. Never mind.

    Sociological Images does have some really interesting things.

    Post a Comment

     

    (c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger