Thursday, January 14, 2010

Escaping Reality

You know that person who's always on your mind whenever someone tells you to think about someone?

The one who's always on the top of your list whenever you're following a chain email (for some, I guess. I never bought into the "send this now or some ghost will haunt your bathroom and share it with the dust motes" kind of thing) or doing a note? The one you find yourself always, always referring back to, even though you know it's absolutely, irrefutably ridiculous?

Yeah. That person.

For me, it's always been Dray, maybe because he's the only one I never really understood. If there was ever one person I idealized, it would have been him, and I normally see people realistically.

I'd like to say it's because he was the only one I ever confided in, and maybe it's true. But maybe the reason I confided in him was because I saw him as someone perfect, someone who wouldn't mind listening and who wouldn't think I'm crazy.

When Stella introduced me to Feng, I realized how wrong I was. Sometimes, people dream the same things you do, but no one wants to spell out their frivolous dreams. I had been alone, in a world filled with lonely people who forgot to reach out to one another, even though they wanted others to reach out to them.

As it turned out, Dray and I each gave up something in return for our sanity. I gave up my time, and he gave up his pride.

I guess Nora was right. It never was going to work out. Not that I would ever admit it to her, but still.

But that doesn't stop me from putting him at the top of my list for this wonderful note of procrastination before I start studying French and chem.

Name 30 people. (Seriously, 30? I'm cutting it down to fifteen and assigning 16-30 as 1-15 again.)

1. Dray
2. Tea
3. Jackie
4. Gretchen
5. Julie
(people I saw today)
6. Reese
7. Joss
8. Argon
9. Tybalt
10. Bryant
11. Dino
12. Nora
13. Stella
14. JJ
15. Crabtree

THE QUESTIONS:

• How did you meet 10?

Probably math team, but I think he ignored me for the first few months.

• What would you do if you had never met 6?

Live on as usual but with more faulty grammar and less consultation for my SOS-Cheese story brainstorming? I don't really know since I've only really known him this year.

• What would you do if 20 and 15 dated?

20 is... 5. Umm, Julie and Crabtree? I'm not sure if either of them swing that way, but if they did, they'd have to know each other for me to "do" anything.

• If you could marry between 6 and 14 who will it be?

Uh. Let's see. Since JJ's probably going to either marry Jaejoong, someone from 2pm, or some other hot Asian guy, I guess I'll go with Reese. (Oh, woe is me!)

• Did you ever like 9?

Ha. Tybalt. Uh. I like him as a person, I'll say. I like him better than Bryant, cause he ignores me less.

• Have you ever seen 4 cry?

Nope. I guess that's a good thing?

• Would 4 and 17 make a good couple?

17 is... 2. Well. Tea and Gretch? I remake the statement I made for Julie and Crab, except without the "getting to know each other" part.

• Would number 1 and 2 make a good couple?

Aah. No. I wouldn't recommend it, from personal experience.

• Describe 8:

Short-ish, with kinda flat hair, and the go-to person if you need to beat someone in Scrabble?

• Do you like 12?

She's one of my bestest friends, so yeah. Definitely.

• Tell me something about 17:

17 is 2. Right. She's really amazing at anything math and science and music and generally lots of other things related?

• What’s 7’s favorite color?

I think I've asked him before. I think I forgot immediately.

• What would you do if 1 just confessed they liked you?

I would check the date and see if I've gone back in time.

• When was the last time you talked to number 15?:

Probably December, when we were both on Meebo and complaining about homework.

• How do you think 19 feels about you?

19 is... 4. I think (hope) she likes me?

• What language does 13 speak?

English, various computer languages, and 2moons speak. Oh, and the PIE language, the annoying name language, and other various assortments of words.

• Who is 2 going out with?

No one I know of, yet. (Do tell if I'm wrong on this.)

• What grade is 16 in?

16 is... 1. He's in my grade.

• What is 5’s favorite music?:

Oh dear, I don't know this. D:

• Would you ever date 13?:

Stella! That'd be fun, but then I'd start getting paranoid about botnets taking over my computer to launch a DDoS attack on some government-maintained website, so... no.

• Is 11 single?:

Ha. Will he ever not be? (Not in a mean way, of course.)

• What is 10’s last name?

No can tell.

• Where does 18 live?:

18 is... 3. In a pretty, huge house with lots of windows?

• What do you think about 20?:

20 is... 5. She's really nice and really smart.

• What is the best thing about 30?

30 is... 15. She can tell directions from ANYWHERE. It's like magic. If you're going out with her, you won't ever need a map.

• What would you like to tell 14 right now?:

Dear JJ, remember that story I asked you to read and review but you never responded upon? Yeah.

• How did you meet 9?

See first question ("how did you meet 10?"). Actually, I think Tybalt kinda didn't talk to me at first either. Wow. Way to welcome new people.

• What is the best and worst thing about 2?

I reserve this question cause it's making me think too much.

• Are you going to know 3 forever?

Hmm. Forever is a very long time. I might know her until I die, but maybe not forever, unless there's an afterlife of which alive people are not privy to.

• How long have you known 26?

26 is... (this is rather annoying) 11. Uh. Since whenever I first joined math team. Why is it that you always ask me these "how/when did you meet" questions in conjunction with the math team guys?

• Who is 24?

24 is... 9. And Tybalt. And what do you mean, who is he?

• Are you or did you ever date 2?

Not that I know of, unless someone hit me over the head with a huge plastic cat-shaped pillow.

• Do you have a crush on 27?

27 is... 12. Nope.

• Would you kiss 25?

25 is... 10. Oh. Ew? Maybe if the world's safety/sanity depended upon it.

• Have you hugged/kissed 22?

22 is... 7. I have not. But I have ruffled his hair, which was immensely spiky for some reason.

• Would you like to hug/kiss 21?

21 is... 6. (What is with all of these affectionate behaviors? I hardly think I could possibly have a crush on 15 people at once.)

But the answer. Hug, I've probably done that already. Kiss, probably not.

• Is 29 your gff?

29 is... 14. What does gff stand for? If it's in any way related to a really good friend, then yes. Anything else, I won't say.

• What do you hate about 23?

23 is... 8. His super heavy backpack. He needs to start learning from Mario, if he wants to survive with a straight back. Or maybe someone not as extreme as Mario.

• What’s your relationship with 28?

28 is... 13. We're associates in general mayhem.

This note was generated by http://www.facebooknotes.org

(Blatant add-on due to purposes of procrastination.)

Q: What’s the best memory you have of 9?

His photocopying all of his calc notes for me.

Q: When’s the next time you’re gonna see 4?

Tomorrow, I hope, during midterms.

Q: Is number 8 pretty?

I'm... uh, not sure he wants to be described as pretty.

Q: What was your first impression of number 10?

Weird guy with even weirder laugh?

Q: How did you meet 3?

Chem. It's a wondrous class.

Q: Is 11 your best friend?

Ryan suggested that once. I almost choked on air.

Q: Have you seen 5 in the last month?

I have seen her today. And multiple times in the past month.

Q: Do you think 2 has a crush on you?

I don't think so. I really don't.

Q: When was the last time you saw 12?

Almost two years ago. Which is really, really sad, but if Feng's crazy plan with the car and lemonade sales work, I'll get to see her next year!

Q: Have you ever been to 1’s house?

Nope. The way he describes it, I'm not sure I want to.

Q: When’s the next time you’ll see 13?

See above plan to meet Nora. It's actually a plan to meet Stella, since Feng knows her and not Nora, but they live really close to each other, so it'll work out.

Q: Have you ever gotten in trouble with 15?

With? Uh, like that time we (and sunglasses guy, obviously) formed a chain of human bodies and one of us touched the outlet to shock everyone? And got the entire class in detention?

Q: What do you and number 3 talk about the most?

Chem. And physics. And other homework we haven't finished. And calc. Very interesting conversations.

Q: Do you even know 14?

What kind of question is that? Of course I know her. Why else would she be in this list?

Q: Would you give number 3 a hug?

Absolutely.

Q: Are you in love with number 8?

Gah. Contrary to popular misinformation (as I've learned), no.

Q: Do you know a secret about number 13?

Yes, but I can't tell. The Internet's a very stalkerish place, as I know from experience.

Q: Describe the relationship between number 9 and number 5.

As I've heard today, Julie "has no respect for Tybalt." I don't know about Tybalt.

Q: What is the best thing about your friendship with number 7?

He can be counted on to do the most unexpected things. Of course, you can't really count on that, cause then it would be expected, and then he wouldn't do it...

Q: Have you ever danced with number 6?

Huh. No. I'm not sure if he dances, but I'm quite sure I don't. At least not very well.

Q: How long have you known number 12?

Since forever. No, since 7th grade. That's forever in Ginny-years.

Q: Have you ever been in a fight with number 13?

Probably. Like every time she wants me to switch from Microsoft stuff to non-Microsoft, non-Mac stuff. (Apparently both are awful.)

Q: Have you ever wanted to punch number 15 in the face?

No. Her kicks are very, very painful, as Goldilocks found out one day in a game of truth-or-dare.

Q: Has number 1 ever met your mother?

I hope not.

Q. How did you meet number 6?

First day of school this year, when we introduced ourselves in class. His interesting tidbit was that he was a black and white dog.

Q: Did you ever accidentally physically hurt number 5?

I don't think so. I hope not.

Q: What is the best memory you have with number 1?

Paradise beach. Nothing further.

Q: Do you live close to 7?

Uh, I don't know. Should I know? Isn't that mildly creepy, as I've only really known him since two months ago?

Q: Out of all 15, who do you think is the funniest?

Intentionally funny, JJ, I'd say. Unintentionally funny, Reese, probably.

Q: Who is the most flirtatious?

Dray. Sorry, no one else compares.

Q: Say something nice about number 14.

She knows almost every single C-pop, J-pop, and K-pop artist.

Q: Which one lives the farthest away?

Actually, it's probably Dray, if I have my maps right.

Q: Which one do you hang out with the most?

Right now? Tea or Argon. Before the whole moving thing, it was Nora or Stella.

Q: The quietest?

Ha. Me. Wait, I'm not a choice, am I? Maybe Bryant. I don't know. Or Argon in one of his studious modes.

Q: What kind of car does number 13 have?

Oh! She doesn't have one. Why drive a car when you can have super expensive, completely inefficient public transportation that threatens to cut down lines and/or go on strike every other month?

Q: Have you traveled anywhere with number 8?

Spearheadville? For math meets?

Q: If you gave number 1 $100 dollars tonight, what would they spend it on?

Games. Or... or... his cell phone bills.

Q: Have you ever kissed number 7?

No. Just, no.

Q: Are you really close to 3?

Hmm. I suppose so.

Q: Have you ever been to the movies with 4?

I have unfortunately missed the opportunity to do so. As I haven't gone to see a movie in quite a few years, it's nothing on her part, I assure you.

Q: What would happen if you put 9 and 1 in a room together?

Who knows? Dray hates math, so I guess they can't really talk about that. Maybe they'll find common ground with something? Or maybe they'll just smile awkwardly at each other and attempt to talk about something?

Q: If you could change one thing about number 13 what would it be?

How much she hates school. And her compsci class. And how she thinks all the computer people at my school are noobs. Oh, wait. That's more than one thing.

Q: Are you older than number 4?

I don't know. Depends on when her birthday is.

Q: Have you gotten “sexual” with 3?

Uh. What?

Q: If you were to go to a wedding would you take 1?

If I were to go to a wedding I would make sure he's not there.

Q: If you were crying would 12 cheer you up?

Yeah, I think so. But I've never cried in front of her, so I wouldn't know.

Q: If you found out that 10 and 15 were going out, what would you do?

First, how on earth will they know each other? Second, Crab hates people like Bryant. Third, if they were going out it'd be long-distance and so there isn't much I can physically do.

Q: Have you slept in any of their beds?

JJ's couch thing, when Clover and I went over to watch KO. Her mom pulled a mattress out, so I guess that counts as a bed?

Q: Has any of them ever spent the night at your house?

Ah, nope.

Q: Who did you go to the movies with last?

Hmm... Maybe Nora. I don't remember. I barely go to the movies.

Q: Would you flash 12?

Why? Why would I to anyone?

Q: Who did you comment last?

On what? I'm assuming it's Facebook, which I believe is Reese, while we were discussing technical difficulties.

Q: Who have you known the longest?

Nora, Crab, or JJ. About the same for all of them.

Q: Who will you always be friends with no matter what?

Everyone I am friends with now, I suppose. I don't like to think about bad things happening in the future. If I do, they might happen.

Q: Would you help 4 out in a fight?

Depends on who we're fighting. If they're evil, maniac bunnies, then definitely.

Q: Is 1 single?

Ooh, interesting question. I'm not sure whether to trust his word on that topic.

Q: Would you ever want to be in a serious relationship with 9?

Tybalt? Uh. Well, I guess he's better than Bryant, but probably no.

Q: Would you donate an organ to save 4’s life?

If I'm dead, sure. If I'm alive, I guess it depends on what organ, cause I'm not sure they let you donate organs that you only have one of.

Q: Does 13 know a secret about you?

That I'm secretly a government agent ready to expose all of her computer fallacies? Wait, that's not a secret anymore, is it?

Q: Who is the best person on this list?

This question is ignored due to its obnoxiousness.


Yay. I have just wasted lots and lots of time. I have also finally opened my Barron's book since I got it. New books are always fun, so I'll spend the rest of the evening (that I haven't spent memorizing vocab or writing this post) on radioactive material.

3 rants:

Gretchen said...

hahaha, i laughed so much reading your post!! although the beginning was a little sad.

wow, there were a lot of questions about hug/kiss/relationships. thanks for hypotethically donating an organ to me :) and after midterms are over, we should all go see a movie together!! that would be soo fun :D

Tea said...

Gretchen and I have been secretly doing it for years, how did you guess?!? (I'm kidding, and I need to say this because otherwise gretchen will get mad at me for being dishonest)

I will make a mental note to avoid dating this Dray-person.

And thank you for saying I'm amazing. You're pretty amazing yourself :)

The only person I know who could possibly not like you is Dino, and all he's really said is that he thinks you're "special," although he may have said worse if I hadn't been glaring threateningly at him. And, dontcha know, he's never been rejected!

It was actually a dog-shaped pillow. You know I abhor cats. Or, you knew, before you forgot our entire relationship. BETRAYER OF LOVE!

also, you know what Bryant's laugh sounds like?!? Gretchie and I are going to need a demonstration. We've been trying to figure this out for quite some time.

and sorry about your dancing abilities, but we can always dance badly together.

Ginny said...

Ooh! Movies! I am totally clueless at these, so you'll have to lead the way.

I don't get why they ask, "do you like/have a crush on/want to hug/kiss so and so" so many times. Maybe it's a hit-or-miss situation.

And I seriously don't know why Dino doesn't like me. I don't remember when I started not liking him. I don't even remember when I put his name together with his face and recognized him as an entity.

This is sad. But he's never asked, so not being rejected doesn't really count.

Oh noes! Have I really forgotten everything?? Did I act really different before I got hit over the head? (Oh, and you're probably slightly better off not knowing Crab, cause she hates dogs.) Oooh, did we dance together/trip over each other before my violence-induced amnesia?

Bryant's laugh is rather hard to explain. But it makes his face look funny. But he doesn't laugh often, at least not that I know of.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger