Saturday, June 5, 2010

An Eye for an Eye

The modern, Ginny version of this age-old adage (I think it originated in the Bible?) would be: an English class for an English class.

This is very difficult to explain. Instead, I will borrow Gretchen's amazing aerial seating charts and apply them to my schedule mess, because, yes, master schedules were out today! I spent my entire afternoon pouring over all of my classes, and effectively did no work at all, whatsoever. Now it's just... arena. But that's another story for another day (a.k.a. later in June).

Here's the picture:



Note how French and Multi(variable calculus) are encircled and have spikes (more like failed squiggles) around them? They're singletons, so they're fortified in their positions. Drawing can happen whenever, so it doesn't matter, and because of my English/econ/physics triangle (they can only switch spots with each other), it's effectively squeezed out my area studies class and forced it to become a singleton as well. This wouldn't be so alarming, except that now my other English class, speech (or the fancy name "Rhetoric and Persuasion"), now does not have a spot. Then there's also gov, which, well, let's face it, is pretty much uneventful.

But wait—I've got a free! Because I don't have gym anymore, I can have a free, which will be effectively used into resolving my other annoying schedule conflicts. So, after using Bryant's amazing scheduler, I have figured out my dream schedule (nothing on whether I can actually get it or not).

It consists of sharing econ, physics, multi, and two frees (one each semester) with Tea, unsurprisingly. I'd also like to share more classes with other people, but few people take the classes that I take, or else they all want that English class that I can't go to because of my French class. And best of all (I think), it chooses between the lesser of the two evils in terms of gov teachers, with no harm done, because my drawing class fills up the other spot perfectly.

Julie and I discussed our schedules earlier, along with other topics, including the possibility of a future robotic world (much like the Jetsons) where we'd all be computer engineers. Aside from the fact that Dino would be obsolete, we decided that Bryant would be the ruler of this new world, and that he would have a throne made out of things like iPods except that he would invent them. We were at a loss for names though. So later on, I asked Bryant himself, the conversation of which is copied directly here and will end this schedule-conflict-bogged day:


Moi
hey bryant
if you ever became the future leader of a theoretical technology-driven world
and you had to build a throne out of devices that you invented
what would you name those devices?
19:26Bryant
hmm i honestly have no idea
19:27Moi
any general guidelines?
like would you put your name as a part of it?
19:28Bryant
not overtly
maybe subtly
19:28Moi
okay
thanks
19:32Bryant
Ginny: hey bryant
814380525 is now known as Ginny.
(6/4 - 7:26:20 PM)
Ginny: if you ever became the future leader of a theoretical technology-driven world
Ginny: and you had to build a throne out of devices that you invented
Ginny: what would you name those devices?
Bryant: hmm i honestly have no idea
Ginny: any general guidelines?
Ginny: like would you put your name as a part of it?
Bryant: not overtly
Bryant: maybe subtly
Ginny: okay
Ginny: thanks
o wow sry idk what happened


Yeah. Me neither. I was going to tell him that it was okay, I wasn't bothered by it, but I'd gone to dinner by then, and I came back over an hour later, so I decided against it.

3 rants:

Julie said...

you revealed bryant's name

Ginny said...

Yeah, I kinda realized that. Sadly, I only saw your comment after I fixed it. I think Blogger's swallowing my comments for some reason.

Gretchen said...

those charts are so handy. they save so much time and confusing explanations.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger