Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just Because I Speak French

Doesn't mean I live outside the US.

I know I have said that I will probably be posting again once school starts, but there has been a change of plans because I have more time on my hands and more things are happening lately. This seems paradoxical, I know, but there is no other way to explain it.

Anyway. Lest I forget, the important things.

First, Penn's supplement is finally out. I've been waiting for this since summer vacation started, and for the month of July their website said, "The Penn supplement to the Common Application will be out on July 15th." (Well, more or less those words.) So I checked in late July, and they said it'll be out on August 1st, when the common app comes out. Then, on August 1st, during the common app frenzy, they pushed it back again to mid-August, whenever that is.

Well, mid-August in Penn-world is around August 25th, just so you know.

Then, there is the news that I passed my open-book honors-level-bio exam! I am not sure that the "open book" part still makes it an honors-level exam, but I shall have faith. And did you know our school doesn't have enough AP bio textbooks? I'm not too surprised. There are four classes, after all.

And probably the most exciting of all—Google Voice. I'm still trying to figure out how this works, but it looks really promising (not to mention free calls to Canada). The only thing is, I can't use Gmail in French to call people yet, because it's only out in the US so far, and apparently people in the US only speak English.

That is unfair. I live in the US, and I like my Gmail in French, thank you very much.

Still, you can't beat unlimited free SMS. That's got to have the major mobile carriers mad. And once again, I am falling deeper and deeper into the Google products chain. I use Gmail, Google calendar (although only occasionally), Google reader, iGoogle, Google (the search engine), Google docs, Google maps, Google books, Google trends (this one is really cool), Google translate, Google sites (HUSH portfolio), Chrome, Blogger (hey, this blog!), and now Google voice.

I am not obsessed. Not at all.

0 rants:

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger