Monday, October 18, 2010

Honesty First

On the online application for any retail job at a Stop&Shop store, it asks (something along these lines), "Have you ever taken supplies from the store (minor office supplies not included) without telling your store manager?"

Then you get to choose how much you took or, if you didn't take anything, the "none" option.

For the ShopRite application, not only does it warn you that the application will take around 45-60 minutes, it also makes you sign up for an account so you can save your information prior to submitting. I don't understand why they can't just make the applications shorter and cut out some of the stupid questions. Like, have you stolen money from your previous employer?

Seriously? If I had, would I be telling you?

Anyway. Bryant today tried to tell me about his woeful Friday, when he has five tests, and I nodded along, trying to pretend I was paying attention. Honestly, Bryant, I don't care how many tests you have. Stop complaining to me. I've got enough to worry about for myself.

But of course, instead of saying that out loud, I listened to him speculate that we would have a multi test within this week. And whine about his utexas. Among numerous other things I would not have expected to come from him, but since I never really sat close to him for extended periods of time, maybe I've just not been exposed to his more, uh, not content side.

In other (more interesting, perhaps) news, the Penn representative who was supposed to come to our school today did not show up. Or at least, I think she did not show up. The bell rang fifteen minutes after she was supposed to come, and I had an econ test next, so I told myself, "Oh, I'll wait a few more minutes." Then I saw Mr. Wollen walk by the door, so I decided, oh well, econ test is more important than listening to something I probably know already anyway.

I got an email later from my counselor saying that the rep is coming on Thursday. During my free.

A little sacrifice, but I can deal with that. I mean, I'm applying ED to this school, I should be able to sacrifice some things.

Which reminds me, yesterday, after I asked Bryant if he had a blue tie (he doesn't, but he has a red one and gold one), he randomly asked, "Just out of curiosity, where are you applying early?"

I wonder how long he's been waiting to ask me that?

I asked Dino too (about the tie), and he said, "I don't have any ties," and refused to answer my question as to why his profile picture clearly shows him in a tie. Then, as I elaborated that I'd like stripes on that tie, he asked, "Are you kidding?" Way to trust my totally legitimate inquiries.

Later on, he told me that Tybalt had such a tie, which is a complete lie.

2 rants:

Gretchen said...

Why do you need a tie??

Yeah, the Penn person never actually showed up...

Are you applying for a job?

Ginny said...

The tie is for a skit. And yeah, I figured she never showed up if there was a reschedule.

I'm not applying for a job (can't work legally), but I was helping someone who wanted to apply for a job at a supermarket.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger