Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oh, Commenters

First of all, the Universal Online Spellcheck (whatever spellcheck Firefox and Chrome both use) does not accept "commenters" as a word, although "commenter" is a word. Seriously? What do they think the plural of "commenter" is?

Anyway, I was writing "commenters" because I was reading today's DWT email-post, and someone had asked the difference between "commenter" and "commentator," and one of the examples of a sentence using "commenter" (or "commentor," actually) is "The 6 Types of Commentors—Do You Know Them? I searched the title in Google, and I also found "10 Types of Blog Comments" which is similar.

And of course, I read the comments, and Mark Shea recommended Flame Warriors, which I will now recommend to you. It is a pretty accurate depiction of the many types of people in the Vast World of Forums.

But things about me. Because evidently I have an absolute advantage (and possibly a comparative advantage too) at talking about things about me, since no one else can really do that. I've pretty psyched for the first econ test, not because I know I'll do well (I am hoping that though), but because econ is also amazingly fun and I love it. I am not so much looking forward to the "12 Golden Labs of AP Bio," because one of these labs will end up as an essay question on the AP test, and I would rather not have to worry about AP tests this early.

(We played with sulfamic acid today though! I had no idea sulfamic acid—molecular formula: H3NSO3—even existed before now, but according to Wikipedia it's when you replace an -OH group on sulfuric acid with -NH2, and that is pretty cool.)

There was also another Bryant-lapse in physics today (I am calling all those times when Bryant misses something "Bryant-lapses"). They are becoming rather common in physics, and they're not even tricky questions. He's still well-above coherent in multi (which reminds me, what was our multi homework, if any? was it the figuring out the second derivative with respect to t question?), so it's probably just in physics.

Weird.

On a side note, we're getting our first physics test back on Friday! I can't wait to see who's going to get the first yellow pencil. And if it's not Bryant, then I'll get to see who else I need to keep tabs on as a "potential pencil competitor." Yay!

6 rants:

Gretchen said...

Bryant slipping up?

Well, I suppose it's gotta happen sometime...Maybe something (cough, someone) is distracting him?

Ginny said...

It’s happening really often in physics though. Like last week, during our lab, and I think during class some days prior, and then today. He’s been slipping up more these few weeks than he’s ever done for the entire year of physics last year.

And then he’s back to normal in multi (or maybe I just can’t tell because I don’t sit within listening range of him in multi).

Julie said...

Ooh, who's in your physics class, then, to trip him up?

Ginny said...

The only new additions to our class are a bunch of boys, Ali, Ida, Emmeline, and Mrs. Cumulonimbus (although I don't think it's the latter).

Who knows?

Gretchen said...

I was hinting at you...but way to not get it.

Well, sometimes he sits in the group directly behind us.

Ginny said...

I thought you were hinting at me, but I figured since I had always been in his physics class it was unlikely to be me.

I can never really hear what the table behind us is saying (except Boris, he's really loud) unless I turn around. Maybe it's because we're laughing so much it blocks out all other sounds.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger