Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ha, homework? What homework?

Mrs. MacDonald had told us that period 6 would have a stat party today, and Micky said, "Oh, we should have had a stat party today. It would have been perfect."

Perfect, because we don't meet on Fridays, and the seniors will be gone on their internships next week. Not so perfect, because half the class was not here due to the AP econ/world tests. Of course, we conveniently skipped over that fact and only lamented on our lack of forethought and preparation. Then, Ali asked if we could go to lunch, and Mrs. MacDonald agreed, so we got an extra fifteen minutes.

Tea had told me earlier that Ms. Sherbert had my Le Petit Prince book, the one that I had lost on the bus during my trip to New England's, so I went to find her. On my way to her office/supply room, I saw Argon and one of his friends outside the chem room (there are technically more than one room for chemistry, but I have had both years of chem in the same room, so I call it the chem room). I asked him about the stat party, and he said, "Yeah, we're having a party in stat." Hint: there is foreshadowing here.

Yuma then walked by, and so we had a gathering in the hallway, talking about our ridiculous day so far (half of the people in almost all of our classes were not there). Then Mr. Turkey, the chem teacher, came along, and so the sophomores went inside.

"We should go in and say hi to Mr. Turkey," Yuma said. Yuma and I were in the same chem class with Mr. Turkey last year. I agreed, so we went in, where Argon was seated in the front row, and Yuma pointed out the seat behind him and said, "I used to sit there."

I pointed to Chrissy's seat, which is next to Argon's, and said, "I used to sit there."

There was also a name joke here made by Argon (although I had noticed it a long time ago, and mentioned it to him before, but he probably used that part of his memory-brain to remember some crucial fact that could save the world but that I can never remember), but the joke is better with our real names.

Several hours (maybe two) later, as I was walking to my health classroom, I saw Argon again, and I asked him how the stat party went.

"Oh, it was supposed to be tomorrow," he said, but he had a piece of cookie with him, so I assume other people forgot as well. "We just got a packet."

"Yeah, so did we. Then we just did whatever we wanted, which was mostly homework. I've been busy doing so much homework in my AP classes now."

"Why, do you have a lot of homework?"

"No, I just don't do them at home anymore."

To be fair, I haven't really been doing anything in my other classes either. In US, we watched a movie (granted, Civil Rights related). In health, we played health/STI/drug related Sporcle quizzes, then digressed to other, non-health specific quizzes, such as naming the first 151 Pokemons. But that wasn't nearly as fun as my physics class, where we merged with an A-level class and listened to the potential physics teacher candidate's lecture and did a lab with lasers, jello, and real, metal knives.

English was the only class I actually did work in, and I linked Huck's decision to save Jim to the white supremacy we were learning in US. One of the reasons why I like taking English 3 (which focuses on American literature) and US history together. I've been able to do these connections between the two classes for almost every unit/book.

2 rants:

Tea said...

YAY

my word was essessa. I couldn't resist.

Ginny said...

I don't get a word on my own blog. This is sad. What if I were a spambot? I'd be free to spam on my blog with nothing to stop me.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger