Monday, May 3, 2010

Some Things To Think About

As I was walking home from my bus stop today, I saw what looked like a dead frog on the ground. Figuring frogs usually aren't pink, nor do they usually find themselves in my neighborhood (we don't have any ponds or creeks around, or any large body of water within a one-mile radius), I thought they were flowers of some kind, so I took a closer look.

Turns out, they weren't frogs or flowers (although how neat would that have been, alliterations). They were dead baby birds.

I had to stare hard at them to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. There were three of them, pink and featherless on the ground, with a nest in the middle that must have been torn off the tree branches by the storm last night. It was awful. Absolutely awful.

. . .

We had a sub for US history today, and we had to discuss quotes. When the sub asked us if we were really going to do any work if we didn't have to write it down, Argon said, "I hate to say this, but I have an AP stat test tomorrow, so I'm trying to de-stress myself right now."

"I bet we're going to start off talking about the quotes," I said, "then diverge. Like series. Oh! Nth term test: if, when N goes to infinity, the term has a value other than zero, then the series diverges!"

So we talked about change, and perhaps we are not aware of a social injustice now, but ten years from now, someone who is not satisfied with the way life is for them would come out and bring our attention to the matter. We talked about social cliques, and The Breakfast Club, and how the nerdy guy did not (spoiler alert) get to be with anyone in the end (and all the other non-realistic aspects of the movie).

. . .

I would talk more about Mario, but everyone who knows him and reads this blog knows about the incident already, and everyone who doesn't know him probably will find it infinitely more disturbing (not to mention much better off not knowing), so I'll spend my free time more wisely (such as preparing for the stat test, or the calc test, or listening to music and finishing my English homework, even though I haven't had English for quite a long time now).

I'm also searching for a new template because I don't like the font to this one.

2 rants:

Tea said...

I have to say, my least favorite part of The Breakfast Club was definitely that Brian didn't get a girl. Honestly, that is completely and utterly unfair.

Ginny said...

Oh my god, finally. It took FOREVER to personalize my template. I had so much trouble adjusting the width so the body fit inside the background and the banner wouldn't cooperate.

Anyway. I think the very idea that there's only five people means that someone's going to be left out (unless there's a threesome), which would be unfair, but it's especially unfair that Brian's the one.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger