Saturday, March 6, 2010

Beware Of The Email Mafia

Earlier this week, I walked with Mogley to see Dr. Cans. Well, it was more like, Mogley had to see Dr. Cans for super complicated chem problems that Mr. Coffee did not even begin teaching us yet, and I tagged along because I had nothing better to do.

It so happened that Dr. Cans was also Paperclip's chess club's advisor. Upon seeing me, he asked, "Do you know what's going on with chess club now?"

Oh, I don't know. Probably something along the lines of Sonny decided to temporary stop chess club, because I told him I couldn't go, since it was on the same weeks I planned to host my hiking club. I never did talk to him afterwards about chess club, and with break and everything, I guess we just forgot all about it.

So I told Dr. Cans that I will ask Sonny, and later on, Sonny told me that he will send out an email regarding club.

On Wednesday night, I received an email from Sonny, titled "Chess Club" and addressed to the chess club email list.


Hi everyone,

Sorry for the short notice, but I thought it was time to have another meeting. Let's meet tomorrow Thursday March 4 after school in room 1234. Hope you can make it. 

I didn't think much about this email, since I had received similar emails before.

Last night, however, someone by the name of Kirk (an alias which probably won't be mentioned again since I don't know him) replied to the email. It was Friday, a day after the planned meeting, and I really did not see the point in replying so late. So, being curious, I opened it and read.

WHY THE HELL WON'T YOU RESPONG AND TELL ME WHO AND WHAT THE HELL THIS IS

Okay.

That was... interesting.

I figured Sonny had made a separate email just for chess club, because he never responded to me before either. But I mean, the title says "Chess Club." I really don't think it can be any clearer than that.

So I ignored the email again, figuring it wasn't important.

This morning, Livny replied to the reply Kirk had sent.

Dear Kirk;

Here is the respong you were asking for: I am Livny Fancylastname, professional boxer and sharpshooter. "This" is the largest drug trade ever to take place on the East Coast.

Because you obviously care very much about this and are already losing sleep (1:48 AM is pretty early), I will let you off with your rude language just this once. If there is another instance of such an outburst I promise you will never wake up again. Watch your tongue.


Sincerely,
Dr. Livny Fancylastname

I am so glad I am a part of this largest drug trade ever to take place on the East Coast, despite only being aware of this deal early this morning. I am sure my queen and rooks can be bartered for large amounts of illegal substances.

I mean, seriously. Who doesn't want a molded piece of plastic?

2 rants:

Tea said...

Dear Ginny,
You made me laugh.
Love Tea.

Gretchen said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

wow.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger