Saturday, March 20, 2010

Life Is Strange.

I probably had already concluded this some time prior to today, but I feel there needs to be a reassertion.

Life is strange. Bizarre. Weird. Odd. Completely wacko.

What has made me come to this conclusion (again)? Well, it all started . . .

(-cue person sitting in a wicker chair reminiscing about the past-)

Anyway, this Wednesday, sometime in its glorious sunny afternoon, my mom received a phone call from the Superintendent informing us of the extremely likely possibility of school the next day. The exact words were more along the lines of, yes, there is school tomorrow, but after last weekend, anything could happen.

I was psyched. I wanted to go to school really badly. Staying at home for a prolonged period of time was not my idea of fun.

However, it appears that my body had a different idea.

I spent an entire Thursday, home, sick, stomach hurting and drowsy (although that could be a side-effect of sleeping too much). It was miserable. I went to the doctor's on Friday, received some general information coupled with fancy words, but I was too out of it to comprehend. My mom took me to the pharmacist's to get my new medication, and then we went to Barnes and Noble's somewhere to just "wander around," as I had suggested.

When we came home, it was already late (3pm-ish), so I decided to ask around and see what I had missed.

Lacking phone numbers (not that I use my phone regularly anyway, besides the occasional call to my mom to pick me up), I went online. Bryant was, as I suspected, there, and so I asked him about chem and physics.

"We learned titration curves in chem," he said. "They're not that bad."

Well, for the past most likely every time I've asked him about anything schoolwork related, he has said, "It's not that bad." Not sure how much his words applied to me.

"What about physics?" I asked. "Was there a lab?"

"No, we learned about series and parallel combinations, and how you would go about solving them."

"How do you go about solving them?"

And thus he launched into a very long near-monologue about the complexities of solving circuits, interrupted occasionally by my odd, "Oh, it's like in that video we watched!" or the ever-so-common, "Okay." It got to the point where I decided, no, I wasn't ever going to memorize everything he said, so I went ahead and copied our conversation and pasted it elsewhere for future reference.

Then, Bryant said, "There's a couple questions about circuit breakers on UTexas."

Wait, what?

I hurriedly checked my Quest account, and, there they were, 45 brand new questions sitting there, waiting for me to unravel their evilness mysteriousness. With a nice message at the top reminding us that the network will be down over the weekend due to maintenance, so we should print out a hard copy to work on it instead.

Before I had a chance to start on those questions, Dora started a conversation with me.

"Hi Ginny! Why weren't you in class today?"

"I was sick," I said. "Did I miss anything?"

"Yeah, we handed in our papers today. Mrs. Tallchief thought you gave your paper to me. She was surprised you weren't there."

Oh. Oops. Right, research paper.

"Don't worry about it," Dora said. "Just send her an email. You should be fine."

Which I did later on, but I haven't received a reply yet, so I'm not sure how that's going. I also have several books I accidentally left in my English classroom, all of which are in danger of disappearing.

I saw Dino as well, so I figured I would ask him about calc. Except, of course, he disappeared right after I attempted to start a conversation. He and Owen both seem to do that a lot.

So I went back to UTexas, fiddled around with the questions, and arrived at a section where there was quite a number of bizarre diagrams that made no sense at all. Frustrated, I checked back to see if anyone else was online to provide useful class information, and I saw Dino again.

"Dino," I said. "You are very elusive. Anyway, what did you guys do in calc today?"

"Where were you?" Or, in Dino-speak, "where werw=e u?" (I find it amusing that he actually noticed his mistake, attempted to hit backspace, missed backspace, and decided to go on regardless.)

"Home," I said. "Sick."

To my surprise, Dino made a frowning face and said, "Feel better."

"Thanks," I said, grasping with this new, nice side of Dino as he reassured me that we didn't go over anything new in calc (yay, because I had thought Mrs. James would go crazy due to our unexpected "break") and told me to let him know if I needed help. Wow.

And this time, Tea, he did say something along the lines of goodbye before he left, so I think there's either still hope, or he's really picked up a "Easy Steps to Being Nicer" book somewhere in lieu of the "Compliments for Dummies" we suggested he get.

I went back to my physics problems, finished all of them except the ones with the weird diagrams, and spent the rest of night watching Youtube videos recommended by Gretchen and Stella (after I found my headphones), and deciding that vocal trance is really nice, and I feel kind of sad I had never explored this genre further before.

The next morning (well, this morning, really), I received an email from my physics teacher (too lazy to search up his nickname) telling us that he's sending over the diagrams for the eight-part question that I had trouble with yesterday. So the weird diagram problem wasn't just me!

On the not-so-bright side, UTexas is officially under maintenance right now, so I don't feel motivated enough to do any of the questions.

4 rants:

Gretchen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

i leaked a name!!!

i tried to delete the comment but it wouldn't let me! it keeps signing me out!!!!!

ginny, if you can, please copy and paste it in a new comment and delete the old one.

Gretchen said...

oh. nevermind. it did work. so here's my previous post:

i know! it's so annoying how they both (mainly owen cause i should bug him more about utexas. i feel like i bother yuma too much...) vanish!!

anyways, i laughed so much about dino's typing mistake. i shall laugh virally too to show you. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Ginny said...

Yay for no weird logout problems!

I feel like I bother Bryant too much about chem/physics, but he's usually the only one online who's in one of my classes, so I guess I have no other choice.

I spent several seconds figuring out why there was an "=" in "werw=e," and then I realized it was right next to backspace.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger