Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It Takes Two To Love

Today, for English, we had to bring in an image of what we thought represented success. I (partly inspired by Tea), chose a scene from xkcd, and said that it represented how success meant something different for everyone, regardless of what the "norm" dictated.


Of course, I said it in a way more choppier way, probably because when I usually write things, I jump from one thing to another, so I do not have a clear, cohesive string of consciousness. I wonder what it would be like if I could put my thoughts into a pensieve? I don't know if anyone would be able to successfully navigate my memories.


Anyway, onto more choppy thoughts, I had gym during the lunch period today. Since everyone gets out early for gym (except those stuck in health or swimming or Argon, who changes really fast when he's going to gym but really slow when he's coming out), Nyx and Dora and Tierra were still in the cafeteria by the time I got there.


The three of them giggled when I arrived. When prodded why, Dora said, "Oh, we were just talking about you."
"About what?"


"Prom," Nyx said. "And who you're going to go with."


"It'll be really sweet if you go with Vincent."


I was about to say something along the lines of, no, I'm not so sure about that idea, when Vincent came by and said hi.


"Oooh," Tierra—or someone else, I couldn't quite tell—said. "Vincent, ask Ginny to go with you to prom!"


That was rather, uh, straightforward and to the point. Vincent looked really confused. I didn't blame him.


"Come on, ask her!"


After much persuasion, Vincent finally conceded. "Okay. Will you go to prom with me?"


There was a small cheer at the table, punctuated with Vincent's remark, "So, what is this prom thing?"


That could be quite an issue. The topic slowly dissolved as Vincent had to go and the discussion diverged towards who Dora should go with—with a random remark of "Ginny shouldn't go with Dino" inserted somewhere and Tierra's question of "I don't know this Dino guy. I just know that everyone doesn't like him (this statement is obviously not true)." After the three of them left, Tea came, and we went on discussing this prom "problem" while lamenting (this is one of my favorite words of the week, it seems) that no one will actually ask us out. (Vincent doesn't count. He was confuzzled into agreeing, and I still don't know if he comprehends the extent of what prom means, although I do know that he would hate it.)


So here, as a cheer-us-upper (since the laws of the Internet and Nephria decree that anything is possible), I will confidently proclaim that there will be tons of guys who will ask both of us (and everyone else who belongs to our possibly date-less group) to prom, and they will have to wait in line and hand us résumés and have us closely inspect their possible behavior before we decide who we want to go with. Or, to make life easier, the guys that we want to ask us will do so, and we'll skip the whole "application" part of the process and choose directly.


Anything's possible.


(Except "forcing Dino into the corner on the third floor where there are no tables and making him ask me to prom with various suspicious methods" is not an option, ever. Even in Nephria.)


However, since I accidentally spilled my bag at the end of lunch, I was late to calc. Mrs. James was about to ask me a question (that I most likely would not have known the answer to because I haven't reviewed any of the material yet in lieu of math packets and general procrastination), but Jay saved me by blurting out the answer per usual. As I approached my seat, Dino said, "I don't trust Ginny," and waved to me. Calc itself went by pretty fast, with relatively few "butt-jokes" compared to yesterday. This unit is going pretty well so far, I must say. I'm surprised. (Of course, all of these formulas could pose a huge problem, as I can't remember formulas. It's sad.)


After class, I asked Dino if he was going to take AIME tomorrow. He said no, and Sonny mistook it for ARML.


"Wait," he said. "So you were the only one representing our school and you didn't make it?"


"No," Dino said. "It's something else. And no, I'm not taking it. Don't worry about it."


The last remark comes from me asking if he had gotten his test rescored. I have no idea why he thinks I'm "worrying" about it, but it has been previously proven that he is strange, and therefore I am allowed to be puzzled.


By this time, we had reached my stat classroom, so we said goodbye and he strutted on in his strange hands-holding-the-backpack-straps pose towards what I predicted (correctly) was gym. After stat (because stat was kind of boring and we just got our tests back and fiddled with the calculator), I stood outside the math team classroom as I always do, because it's across the hall from my stat classroom and I usually just wait for the people in the classroom to leave and then go in.


This time, Dino was already there by the time everyone inside had left. He went in first, and took a seat and sat down and did nothing. Really. Nothing at all. After I put my bag down, went outside, waved to Gretchie, and turned back, I saw him barely out the door, looking at us (or Irving down the hall, but I'd like to say that it was us) before scooting back into the classroom.


But that's enough musing for the day. I have to do all the other stuff I have to do (like practice mock questions for AIME and generally doing homework, perhaps), so go over to Gretchie's post for our next several days in Chile! (I am still working on shipping a llama back home. It will happen. One day.)

4 rants:

Tea said...

Dino has gym period seven, in case you were wondering. Also, he's weird, which you already know, but you like him, and therefore he should go to prom with you. Duhhh, logic.

Ginny said...

Your comment (Tea) is not showing up here for some reason, but on the main page it says there's a comment.

Nonetheless, I have prepared for such emergencies and is now telepathically reading your comment.

Anyway, I know all of his classes already (along with several other people's, so it's not just him). The econ one was hard to pin down but then I realized the band factor and everything came together.

I am beginning to think that being weird is one of those universal traits, like eating mud and finger-painting.

Gretchen said...

akljdfieohf'ekfjfdsfw

psh

i'm not weird.

dino is strange. i think we've firmly established that. caroline is super awesome. and i don't understand where the problems is. dino should ask her to prom.

there.

problem solved.

Julie said...

HEY name leak!

But, of course. We have to convince him, though, since I doubt he'd ask anyone without sufficient prodding. I vote Spanish tomorrow, while we're "working" on our presentations.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger