Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fires and Gas Leaks

I am not sure which one it is (if it is any one of them), although I am leaning towards the latter. Mainly because nothing smelled burnt (I know the smell would also be there with the gas leak, but I am overlooking that part). Gretchen fretted over her notes for nothing, which, in the long run, is good because her notes are safe (for now).

But it was a small waste of a free-lunch-hour. Not that I did anything really productive anyway. I spent most of first lunch talking with Clay about Candide and museums, and then Yuma came along and we started to put up posters for the shoe collection NHS is hosting. But it was nearly second lunch by now, and since we were hungry, we just went down one hallway that was conveniently on the way to lunch and stapled posters on any bulletin board we could find, including the one in the music corner (also, thanks to Clay's height, we managed to staple a poster on the board above the doors when you're walking from the art wing to the music area).

We spent around fifteen minutes eating during second lunch (and also congregating with Tea, Gretchen, Dora, and Brunhilda) when the fire alarm went off. I was just done with my lunch (my lunch-eating speed has increased dramatically over the years, and I think it also applies to any-food-eating-speed as long as the food isn't too cold or hot), but unfortunately, I did not have my jacket with me, so it was a very cold wait outside. Offset slightly by the warmth Tea provided (that Bruney was not willing to take part in).

Five minutes into third lunch, we were allowed back in. Everyone else went back to their classes, and Yuma and I stayed behind for Clay to finish his lunch. Then, we circled another hallway and stapled some more posters along the way to the English/SS learning center. Completely out of convenience because there were lots of bulletin boards in that particular hallway.

The rest of the time was spent (for me, at least) reading some of the 40+ new updates from my 100+ blog subscriptions. And printing out an article for Middle East, which I should be reading and infecting with marginalia now, instead of typing this.

(P.S.: Before I go, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce that I have painted my nails three different colors, instead of two. I really like the shiny silver. Also, as I was walking down the hall to get my jacket, the girl who sits to the side behind Yuma in English—I don't know her name—told Clay that she never realized he was that tall, since she usually sees him sitting down in class. And Joss said he will probably go to the next Science Bowl meeting, since he won't have rowing anymore.)

8 rants:

Gretchen said...

I was a propane leak from the kitchens.

I am very protective of my notes. And my calculators. And my assignment notebooks. Do you know how hard it was for me to throw my freshmen and sophomore year ones away??

Ginny said...

Why did you throw them away then? (Also, what about your junior year ones?)

Julie said...

Second Ginny. I have mine (at least from junior year... freshman and sophomore may have disappeared) I also write random stuff all over my assignment notebooks, so they have value to me. I kept all my notebooks from middle school that I doodled on.

Gretchen said...

I still have my junior year one.

Timothy Yang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timothy Yang said...

:) :D :O :r :( ;) :P :| :$
:~ 8| 8) :k :@ :L :v :d :f
:c :o :b :e :i :h :rainbow: :et:
:angel: :brow: xP :party: :tone:
:fire: :ice: xo :mj:

Whattttt. I don't remember seeing any of these smilies on Chrome. Only in FF I guess?

I remember my doodles before 11th grade to be (more) absolutely terrible. I wish I could find them though.

On the other hand, I found old Workshop Reviews and yearbooks from Kindergarten, 3rd and 4th grade.

And miniature cup-stacking cups. Fun stuff.

Ginny said...

The faces from this blog's template.

Also, I stashed everything in my drawer, then I ran out of room so I threw everything away. They weren't organized, anyway.

Julie said...

Looking through old Workshop Reviews is so much fun.

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger