Sunday, November 7, 2010

Organized? Me?

One of the math teachers who was also a club advisor of mine once said that she tutored a kid in middle school who was really disorganized, so she also taught him organization skills. She then went on to say, "I'm sure you're really organized. Girls usually are."

The other variation I've often heard is, "You must be really organized, since you're doing so well in school."

Both of which, I will prove to you today, are completely untrue. Not at all. Not even a little bit.

Proof #1: I have a huge stack of papers that consists of notes and handouts from all seven classes that I take this year. In no particular order. It has been steadily growing, despite my attempts to throw away things that are no longer relevant (i.e. tests and notes from a month ago).

Proof #2: I use the empty spaces in my assignment book as scrap paper for math and physics problems. Even if I have a notebook. Needless to say, I never write my homework in said assignment book.

Proof #3: I just cleaned out my blue backpack a while ago, and in one of the pockets, I found dry bread.

I don't even know where that came from, or why it hasn't turned moldy yet (I haven't used that backpack in almost two years, so the bread must have been there for at least that long), or what it's doing in my backpack, of all places. I dumped everything into the garbage can, but it took forever to get the crumbs out. Well, at least after half an hour's work, I have transferred everything from my original bag to my new backpack.

Of course, the laws of entropy will soon ruin all of the energy I've invested, but at least for now, everything is good. Neat. And too heavy, so I will probably have to return a few books to lighten the weight.

Anyway, my point was, not all girls and/or all people who are doing well in school are organized. Simply untrue. I am living proof.

(Also, yes, this entire post was mostly written just to talk about the elaborate process of cleaning out my backpack. And to also mention that I have bought two new bottles of nail polish—East Village blue and Prince purple—so I am very excited to start decorating my other binder.)

. . .

Unfortunately, no story tonight, because I need to study for the cell communication (I keep on envisioning cells using cellphones) and mitosis test tomorrow. Or more like, at least finish the homework.

1 rants:

Timothy Yang said...

Teachers have a high amount of papers. Our backpacks have relatively low amounts of papers. Naturally, papers move from areas of high concentration to low concentration.

Poor students.


Also, the bread probably didn't mold because it was dry. (Of course since it was enclosed it should still have been moldy, but anyway). Same principle as this: http://gizmodo.com/5682815/the-truth-behind-the-everlasting-happy-meal-no-burgers-that-size-rot?skyline=true&s=i

Post a Comment

 

(c)2010-2011 Of Nephria and Pie. Based in Wordpress by wpthemesfree Created by Templates for Blogger